2017 Spring Soccer Registration
We have moved up registration dates to help ensure we have all needed coaches prior to the start of the season. Please remember we are a volunteer run organization and you may be called upon to help coach a team. If interested please register as a Coach or Assistant Coach – we have all needed materials and will help! Register at www.marionyouthsports.org
- December 23rd - Registration Opens at 12:01 am
- Recreational Program Fees are $40.00
- NOTE: Bumblebee Ball (Pre-K Soccer) is only $30.00!
- Family Plan pricing: full price for first and second child, third child is only $20.00 and any additional children are free.
- RecPlus(+) Program Fees are only $20.00 and uses the same family pricing plan.
- January 22nd - Registration Closes at 11:59 pm
- January 23rd - Late Registration opens 12:01 am
- late registration will remain open until each division is full
- late Registration fee is $25.00 per child
Other important dates
- February 12th - Coaches meeting
- February 13th - Teams may begin practicing
- March 5th - RecPlus(+) Skills Based Training begins
- March 6th – Recreational Program Games Begin
“Tournament Team” Try Outs
Recreational Program Intra-divisional Tournament
Volunteer Thank You BBQ
2017 RecPlus Changes - updates
MSI wants our teams to be competitive when we go to tournaments. To help remove the politics that can occur with parent coaches assigning kids to teams we will have official tryouts. Therefore all youth, from both the Recreational and RecPlus(+) Programs, will be eligible to try out for the NEW “Marion Soccer Tournament Teams”.
RecPlus Trainers, MSI Board Members, and others as needed, will rate players during a various stations, drills, and scrimmage.
No Parent or Coach will be allowed to rate youth in the same age/division as their own child.
This is not the old concept of “All-Stars” nor is it the “pay to play” concept we tried with RecPlus(+).
Marion Soccer will again underwrite all Tournament Teams – there is no extra charge for youth that make a Tournament Team.
RecPlus(+) Program – ONLY $20.00!
Based on your feedback the RecPlus(+) Program will ONLY FOCUS on Skill Development and Tactical Play.
RecPlus(+) will no longer be “pay to play” in tournaments (see above).
- There will no longer be friendly games.
- Since the focus is solely on Skills Development we will not provide a uniform (uniforms will be provided for youth that make Tournament Teams).
- Jr. High youth who want to play in the SIMSS league will need to try out. RecPlus(+) and SIMSS are no longer connected.
Also we will be hiring a “Training Supervisor” responsible to be on-site at every session. Duties include:
- ensuring trainers are delivering training as outlined;
- ensuring trainers are fully engaged with the kids at all times;
- providing, or assigning, coverage if a trainer is unexpectedly delayed or ill;
- being available to answer questions or concerns of parents;
- documenting any issues and submitting such to the Director of Training and the MSI Board;
- ensuring player evaluations are appropriate and complete as well as handed out on time;
- taking attendance of all kids to help ensure their safety – this way we know where children are at all times.
Six Week Program - 16 hours of skills-based instruction
- Training Sessions will incorporate Skills Based Instruction, Small-Sided Play and Live Team Scrimmages.
- Weeks 1-4 meet Tuesdays and Sundays
- Tuesday evenings for one (1) hour; and Sundays for two (2) hours.
- Weeks 5 and 6 only meet on Sundays for two (2) hours (no Tuesdays)
- By this point “Tournament Teams” will have been selected and will be able to practice thus reducing the amount of time a family has to be “at soccer”.
Kids will receive two (2) evaluations at the start and end of the season.
- Parents will be able to see their child’s progression in clearly identified areas.
No major changes.
Recreational Program will sponsor an Interdivisional Tournament at the end of the season!
Kids will remain on the same team unless, based on registration numbers and/or coaches leaving, forces us to re-pick teams.
Southern Illinois Middle School Soccer (SIMSS)
Try-Outs Required. Youth who want to participate in SIMSS will need to try out. Last year Jr. High youth enrolled in the RecPlus(+) Program were automatically part of SIMSS – this is no longer true. We are going back to kids having to try-out for the SIMSS team.
Dates of Tryouts Will be Announced Soon!
Volunteer Thank You BBQ!
We know the time our Coaches and Volunteers provide to MSI. In order to say “Thanks” we want to honor you at an end of the year BBQ.